Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Before the Dawn [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

Before the Dawn [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

,i feel like an insomniac
It had been a long night and all the normal restaurants had already closed. There were a few bars here and there still open, but she didn't want to get drunk tonight. Instead she decided to check out the 24 hour diner called the Red Arrow. Comfortably she sat at a booth, alone, and sipped at a hot cup of coffee. A copy of the most recent newspaper was in front of her as she read through the articles. She was mostly looking for anything that looked supernatural from the recent events that occurred the night before and if she did find anything, she jot it down on a napkin. She was wearing black pants, with a black top and her blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail. Sunglasses were sitting on the top of her head and silver looped earrings hung in her ears. Her nailed tapped the tabletop as she squinted and read through a specific article more carefully. There were a few people in the diner at this hour, so she wasn't the only one. A few college kids were in the corner, chatting loudly. Every so often she glanced over at the table to watch them curiously, but then disregarded them as rowdy kids. She gave a slight shake of her head as she went back to reading the newspaper.

,tag open

Last edited by Scarlet Mason on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:06 am

::C-J Williams goes into the red arrow for his regular fix of coffee and takes a seat at the bar. He greets the locals as he does so, they seem to know him here. He gets his coffee and takes a 'sip', not yet having decided if he was gonna spend the blood to hold it in and get a caffeine buzz. He looks around the diner and sees scarlet sitting in a booth by herself. He does a double take and then pulls out his cell phone. After a few short texts he shrugs his shoulders some and picks up his drink. C-J moves over to the booth and gives scarlet a stiff nod.::

"Heard you with an interesting crowd, a... Friend of Samuel Dilinger. Mind if I take a seat with you?"

::He said to the ghoul, but by the sound of his voice, he really wasn't asking.::

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:49 am

She glanced to the door opening and the new comer arriving, but she really didn't know him, or recognize him as far as she could tell, so she paid him no attention. She went back to reading, but first she opened up the newspaper and turned it to a new page. The paper was then folded it in half so it took up less space on her table, and she placed it in front of herself again. Her eyes took interest in a new article as she lift her coffee and sipped at it.

It didn't take very long to feel the presence of someone standing at her table and then heard a voice speaking to her. Her lashes lifted and glanced up to the man standing there. Slowly she set the cup of coffee back down on the table, and she gave him her attention. She had tried to place him in her mind, but again wasn't sure if she recognized him. With the tone of his voice and the mention of Mr. Dillinger, it certainly caught her attention.

It was better to agree now, than cause needless trouble on her part. Even though she wasn't quite sure yet if he was a vampire, but she sort of figured he was. "Yes you can join me." She replied, and she moved some of her things out of his way. She picked up the napkin she was taking notes on and stuffed it in her black leather purse sitting beside her. "Have we met?" She asked, even though she knew they didn't, it seemed the way to start the conversation to her.

,tag c-j

Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 am

::C-J takes a seat in the booth and places his cup on the table. His plad snap shirt is rolled up to his elbows and his tan colored pants almost have a military look to them. His shaggy hair is unkept but not unclean. He cast a glance aroun this section of the diner and then turns his attention to scarlet.::

"We have not met, maybe in passing but not formally anyways. I missed the little Gala that Sammy boy threw. Although, I can't imagine that you got an invite either."

::He says and stirs his drink with a spoon he finds on the table.::

"I was told that there were some folks afforded the prince's protection. I was only given a drispriction of you..."

::C-J says in a lower voice and eyes over the woman he's sitting across from.::

"Glad they didn't skimp on the details."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:25 pm

She had waited for a name, but she didnt receive it. When he commented on the Galla, she nodded briefly to the mention of it, but then shook her head no, "No, I didn't not receive and invite to such an event, but I wouldnt have expected one either. She replied honestly, but also kept her tone down as well when she spoke to him. She had been a ghoul for twenty-four years, she was use to such denials to vamperic events.

She glanced to the spoon as he stirred his drink and glanced around the diner for a moment. Her attention soon returned to him, "Yes, my regnant has been recognized in the city. I didn't catch your name either. My name is Scarlet." She introduced herself, even though he probably already knew her name.

"Did you need something of me? Or some message delivered to my regnant? Or did you just want to meet me?" She asked curious, wondering the intent of his visit.

,tag c-j
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:58 pm

::C-J gave her a nod.::

"Would have been nice if I was given a name to match your driscription. My name is Carl Williams but I go by C-J. Since I had missed our late night meeting I was given a list of the..."

::He lowers his voice some.::

"Do not feed on or gak folk."

::He says and finishes stiring his drink.::

"Glad I remembered to double check the list, might have had a go at you after you left the diner. Are there many of... Your types? Hopefully I got the full list."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Williams." She said, maintaining a respectful title towards him unless given permission to call him otherwise. She wasn't certain of his position of status on the city to be so casual with him.

She was somewhat relieved she wasnt going to be his dinner. A faint smirk twitched on her lips at the thought but it quickly faded. "Well that is good to know you were informed or you would have a very angry Ventrue on your hands, and I'm not talking about the Prince." She said in a very quiet tone and even leaned forward a little so her voice didn't project any farther than she willed it to.

"As for others in my position there is only one other that I know of and that is Dexter. Again owned by another Ventrue." She explained in the same volume as before. "May I ask what covenant you are from?" She asked.

,tag c-j

Last edited by Scarlet Mason on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:42 pm

::C-J pulled out his smart phone and typed in dexter's name. After being asked about his covenant before his clan he smirked some.::

"Seems like your handler has taught you a lot about this society of ours. Or at the very least, you've figured it out on your own."

::C-J says and rubbs his chin while he puts his phone away. He leans in speak softly to her.::

"I am a member of the movement, with the daeva. Currently daeva priscus. I think your handler would have been VERY mad indeed if I had gone after you. Chances are he already doesn't like me on princeable."

::He says and looks at his drink. He debates a moment longer and decides to take a drink of his coffee.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:02 pm

[Opps lost this post by accident, silly iPhone. But anyway, I tired to recreate the original one.]

He seemed surprised that she knew of such things, but it wasn't that surprising if he knew how long she had been enthralled for. "I have served my master in this society for a very long time, so I know what is what." She replied in a low volume and even glanced around the diner a moment, see if anyone was paying attention to them.

Confident no one was listening to them, she looked back to him and subconsciously she touched her cheekbone when she heard what covenant he was from. Once she realized what she did, she placed her hand back down on the table, playing it off like she didn't do anything out of the ordinary. "The Movement does have interesting ideals, but yes, my Regnant wouldn't agree." She then lift her coffee mug and took a sip of it as she watched him.

,tag c-j

Last edited by Scarlet Mason on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

::C-J puts a lot of effort into making sure he keeps his coffee down. Bloody vomit had a nasty way of drawing attention to one self.::

"Glad to see you're into this deal for more than the cool powers. However, I just gotta ask you though..."

::C-J says and leans in a little.::

"Does it bother you being a second class citizen? You know, the whole... With us but no one of us. That whole 'separate but equal thing'. I just don't know how that would do for me."

::He says. It would seem as though his Carthian sensitivities coming up.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm

"Second class citizen is putting it nicely. Involuntary servitude is more like it, but what do you think? Would you like it? I've just grown somewhat numb to it over the years I suppose." She replied as if it was quite obvious in the tone of her voice or the way she said it that she didnt have a choice.

She then shrugged hopelessly, speaking quietly still, "I need his blood to survive." She stared at him as if he had the answer for her. "So what else am I suppose to do?" She asked and set her coffee cup back down on the table in front of her. Her fingertips were placed around the rim of it as she twisted it back and forth. It wasn't often that someone actually cared what she felt or think, she was after-all only considered a slave in this society.

,tag c-j

Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 am

::C-J frowns a bit at her comments.::

"And it's fucked up shit like this as to why I don't ghoul people."

::He says and downs his coffee. He grimaces as he holds back the urge to vomit and shakes it off.::

"At the very least you can keep your day job. Enjoy that for as long as you can. As bad off as you may be now. It just gets worse darling."

::He says in sour voice. He looks around the diner and pulls out a pen. He writes a few numbers on a napkin and slides it across the table.::

"Here's my number. I'm in town a lot although I spend some time in Nashua. If something goes down and you need some extra folk for weird shit here in the 603, you let me know."

::C-J says and stands to leave. He clutches at his stomach some, seemingly hit harder by the coffee than he thought.::

"I'll see you...around."

::He said in a struggle and moved to the door in a brisk pace.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:00 am

Her lips twist a little as she listened to his reply, and wondered what he meant by it gets worse. How could it get worse? Did he mean if she get got embraced? She let that rattle around in her head as she studied him but he seemed in pain. One brow wrinkled and the other raised. Her hand lifted as she took the phone number he slid to her on the napkin, and stuffed it in his purse.

"Are... you alright? Do you need some help...?" She said in a concerned tone and partially rising up to help him, but he was already stumbling towards the door. She tossed a quick few dollars on the table to cover her order, and she grabbed her purse abruptly. She followed him and she grabbed on to him to help him out the door.

The college kids glanced over at the two of them leaving, but they didn't get up. One of the kids that had been using the restroom was coming back and noticed C-J in pain and Scarlet trying to help him. As the kid passed them by, he asked "Hey man? You okay?"

Scarlet glanced looked at him and nodded, "He will be fine. Thanks." She replied, and she followed C-J out of the Red Arrow.

,tag c-j

Last edited by Scarlet Mason on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

::A gargling and spattering can be heard out in an alley. When Scarlet goes to check on it, she sees C-J vomiting up a bloody, brackish fluid. He sees her approach and does his best to clean his chin off.::

"Like I said, It only gets worse."

::He says, looking some what embarrassed by the exchange.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Scarlet sighed as C-J vomited in the alleyway, but it didn't seem to phase her. She had seen a lot in her life time, and that was expected when a vampire tried to consume normal food or drinks. Her expression didn't seem disgusted, or judgmental of him at all, so she just stood there to make sure he was okay. She even glanced around, scanning the area for any potential people watching, but the alley he was in was dim and shadowed from anyone to really see what he spit up.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a few napkins, and she held them out to him to wipe his face from any evident of blood around his mouth. The napkins she gave him did not contain her notes, or his phone number. "It only gets worse if I am ever turned. But I have been a ghoul for half of my life now, and even though I seem young, age is very deceiving since I don't age either, Mr. Williams." She explained to him quietly. "I also don't see myself being granted that opportunity, because even though your kind despise us, we are a valuable assets due to not sharing your curse. Which is why I still can't understand why we are treated as lowly slaves when we..." She suddenly seemed to realize what had come out of her mouth and she shut up. It must have been his earlier questions regarding her station, and the way he actually spoke to her like she wasn't a piece of trash, that brought it out of her. "Sorry, I overstepped boundaries I know. I don't know where that came from. Please don't tell Michael." Where the hell did that come from? Man, if Michael ever heard that come out of her mouth, she'd have a bloody lip.

,tag c-j

Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:16 am

::C-J takes the napkin and does his best to wipe his mouth clean. He waves off scarlet's comment.::

"Listen darling. We Carthians aren't slave holders, say whatever you'd like about your handler."

::C-J said and frowned some. Listening fontina ghoul was like listening to a battered wife. The kind of person that 'hates their abusive hubby' but knows 'there's still good in him.' he gets up off the side walk and brushes himself off.::

"Scarlet, take it easy darling."

::He says and gives her a salute.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 am

"Yes, I should get going. Thanks for the chat." She replied with a tone that sounded like she needed to go before she said anything else. Insert foot in mouth was how she seemed to feel. She gave him a respectful nod. "Have a good evening, Mr. Williams." And she turned and started to walk down the sidewalk. High heels could be heard clicking and grew fainter as she headed further away from him.

,scarlet out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dawn [Open]   Before the Dawn [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Before the Dawn [Open]
Page 1 of 1