Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memento Mori (Open Scene)

Go down 
+3
Staff_Ronny
Kai
Andrew MacGregor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

Memento Mori (Open Scene) Empty
PostSubject: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 am

*It's early in the evening when MacGregor makes his way towards the Elysium, his attire still evolving as resources and accolades allow him the ability to customize his dress as opposed to foraging for it. Tonight, he has chosen a simple black button down and matching tie to compliment the dark slacks and vest he wears. From the moment he passes the threshold, he respectfully removes his derby and overcoat and places them neatly on one of the chairs two tables removed from the Princes' station. One would note that it's where the Sheriff would typically reside were he present at court. For a few moments he simply seems to trail his eyes over the place, those watchful blue orbs taking in the scene with his usual analytical bent before he nods to himself in satisfaction. Without a word, he moves towards the front of the room and simply sets what appears to be a black and white photograph on the princes' table, the image facing the door and any who would enter the room. Silently, patiently, the Sanctified kindred waits for others to arrive*

Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:15 am

::Kai opens the door silently and slides inside Elysium. He is quiet purely by instinct. He notices the picture, and studies it for a second. He nods to MacGregor, and leans against the wall. He wears his normal garb, that he believed at first to not draw attention to him, but seems to do the opposite. He's also looking quite antsy, and is constantly eyeing the corners of the room.::
Back to top Go down
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 pm

(The picture is a black and white piece depicting a smiling woman at what appears to be a soup kitchen judging by the ladles, general homeless looking folk holding plates, and the assembly line of pots and pans. If you've been in the city for a while, you recognize the former Harpy)

*MacGregor nods in returns seeming to note the mans' apprehension. His posture seems to shift becoming less rigid and his hands almost imperceptibly turn so the knuckles are not squared and broad at his side. He speaks to the only other man in the room in what could best be described as a non confrontational brogue*

Did ye know her, sir? I'd never really had the pleasure an' I'm tryin' tae learn more of her before I'm tae officiate her funeral service. I'm hopin' the kindred of Manchester would be able to aid me in paintin' a picture of what sort of Vampire she was,
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 pm

::Hector stiffens at his podium as there is talk about the Harpy. He frowns some at the mention of her and speaks softly to himself in French.::
Back to top Go down
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 pm

*The Sanctum is respectful as he looks to Hector and offers a sympathetic nod*

Pardon sir, but I dinnae speak French. Were you and our fallen Sister acquainted?
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 pm

::Hector looks up over his glasses and gives Andrew a stiff nod.::

"She was in town a long time and one of the few kindred in town that I could talk to in French. The first and second estate have close from time to time. She helped me keep the court organized..."

::Hector said and fiddled with his pencil some, no longer focusing on his paper work.::

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:01 am

,i feel like an insomniac
Scarlet walked into Elysium, giving a curious look around to see who was around this evening. She had been looking for a few particular people, but it seemed they were not in Elysium. The Ventrue Ghoul sat in the back of Elysium as she always did, and she just remained quiet as she nodded to Hector with a small smile, and then gave a brief nod to the other Kindred. Scarlet was not allowed in court, so she didn't know what had happened. She remembered the Mr. Baker leaving court weeping, but had no idea why. She was oblivious. She rest her purse in her lap and just sat there quietly.

,tag
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 am

:: Raymond Baker entered the Elysium from a side door, he moved ghost-like, barely making a sound. His arms were stiff and twisted at an unnatural angle. Baker's face was stained a ruddy brown, especially the creases of his eyes. He wears all black, although, his clothes too are stained in some places. A noticeable feeling of impending doom fell upon the hearts of those who had gathered. They felt his pain, his suffering. It's strange for those kindred present just how human the emotions flooding the room are. Baker sits, still silent, and looks towards the photograph. It was clear he had the thousand yard stare.
Back to top Go down
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 am

*The Scot nods to himself. Spoke to him in french, the vampire had said. It brought him comfort. Perhaps reminded him of home or his mortal days. Dangerous to those no longer mortal...it kept them fettered to a state they had been Exalted from and yet it was these very reminders that allowed them to not fall prey to the wickedness and evil that took root inside their hearts from the moment they ceased to beat. He seems about to say something when Baker enters and for a moment the sheer power of his grief almost overwhelms him. For a moment, he finds himself panting, a reflex of a former life now over a century cold. Dread wars with a form of gratitude at the power and depth of the emotion. To those observing though, he merely seems to inhale somewhat and offers a nod to his Brother in Longinus. As to the ghoul, he spared her no more regard than a polite nod of acknowledgement. She'd taken the first step into a higher being...but as of yet was not worthy of being treated as an equal. The moment passes and he looks once more to Hector*

Perhaps ye could deliver a few words for her at the ceremony...in French, perhaps?

*He allows the question to hang, gauging the other vampires' response. His eyes strayed to the still silent Kai as he did so wondering at whether grief or simple apathy had taken his tongue.*
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 am

"I did not know her well."
Kai said, looking to Hector for a moment. He looks back at the picture, and wonders to himself how he got a picture of her, that wasn't blurred. He's been to many Vampiric funerals, and few of them actually had pictures.
"I feel death should be a revered event, and will attend your mass should I be able."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 am

::Hector frowns some and gives Andrew an other nod.::

"I will make arrangements."

::He saw vaguely. He sees the Nosferatu whip arrive and his frown becomes a grimace. After a few tense moments he starts packing up his things and appears to be leaving.::
Back to top Go down
Tony Fratelli

Tony Fratelli

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Tony enters the building, jaw set and expression serious. As he walks through the door, he becomes visibly confused as the elder's Dread washes over him. He stops for an uncertain moment as he tries to reconcile these feelings. Maybe this whole thing was getting to him more than he thought. The moment naturally brief. Uncertainty is for thinkers and Tony Fratelli came here to do something, not think about something. He approaches MacGregor, glancing around at the other Kindred before turning to speak.

"Eya, I was thinkin' that I oughta say some things at the ceremony as the at-the-mo-ment Daeva whip. I didn' much know 'er, but there are some universals we can all agree on."
Back to top Go down
Michael Reins

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 pm

::Michael sits quietly at the back desk. He is reading the newspaper and drinking a sifter of cognac with a deep red tint to it. His eyes watch all over the room as he monitors those in attendance.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:37 pm

,i feel like an insomniac
Quietly she observed the room, but then her attention turned towards the door when Michael walked in. She gave him a nod and then looked over at Hector. She rose up from where she sat and walked over to Michael whispering a congratulations into his ear due to his new position. She slid the strap of her purse over her shoulder and she headed out to leave, unless she was stopped.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memento Mori (Open Scene)   Memento Mori (Open Scene) Empty

Back to top Go down

Memento Mori (Open Scene)
Page 1 of 1