Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Stroll in the Park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

A Stroll in the Park Empty
PostSubject: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:20 pm

The night is young and Xavier awoke from his torpid slumber only a half hour ago. He is freshly groomed. Walking in Rock Rimmon Park and admiring the trees he inhale a deep breath of the crisp Autumn air.

"Ah.... nothing like a cool Autumn breeze to lift one's spirits in the early evening"

He says to himself.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 pm

"You certainly picked an interesting city..."

::A voice come from seemingly no where then sitting on a near by rock Ceastus can be seen sitting there. He smirks so and looks his childer over.::

"Such excitment and danger afoot. I'm certain you've been keeping busy."

::He says, his long coat flapping in the breeze.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

A smile of true happiness comes over Xavier. The relation between Caestus and his kindred descendants are closer than most. In Xavier's case it is truly like father and son, there is true paternal love between them here. Running to hug his sire, Xavier quickly looks for mortals and finding none he says in Latin with an accent that was exactly the same as Caestus' own

"Caestus! It's great too see you. You were right as I expected you would. My skills are useful and needed. The Invictus have gone out of their way to be unfailingly polite to me. What have you been up too? and what do you find most interesting about the city?"

Xavier didn't mention that the Invictus thought of him as yougling who outgrow the carthian movement and would join in good time (a half century or two). Good manners, useful skills and Caestus as his sire made it so. He didn't need to. Both of them knew it. The fact that he was likely to keep adapting to the mortal world and stick with Carthians was also something mutually known.

Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 pm

:: Ceastus just smiles with his childer and hugs him back. He stands up and brushes off his coat. He motions for Xavier to follow him and the two start to walk through the park conversing in Latin.::

"Heard there's an elder that just blew through a town down in Massachuettes. This... Dresden fellow sounds dangerous, you'd better be careful of him."

:: Ceastus said and looked around as he spoke.::

"Heard from C-J the Daeva were having a party. I would like to attend. Be sure to announce my presence to the prince. Mr Dilinger is an interesting man..."

::He says, now seemingly distracted by a thought.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 pm

"If you can't fight it, run and hide. I am glad you showed how sneak about properly. You saw to it that I learned obfuscate first and how to use stealth without it too. I understood why saw to that logically while you were teaching me a few years ago. Now i understand in heart and guts. Thank you for the lessons. I intend to steer clear of this Dresden character."

Xavier replies in serious tone of gratitude. After a pause long enough to make sure that his sire realized that he is taking the situation seriously, he says in tone of amusement, though he he still kept an eye out for mortals and still none were in the vicinity.

"When Mr. Dillinger acknowledged me in court he said you honored and respected by all, and have have been around for over a millennium. While true, he should have been more percise and said over two millennia. I will see to it that he knows you are coming. How is Flavius? For that matter any other big news in the family? Did Tamina sire her favorite ghoul Shamus?"

Flavius was Caestus' first child, he was about 1800 years old and had been active when the Ordo Dracul had first formed, he quickly joined them. Kindred of the line of Caestus always hungered for any family gossip, but Xavier found his oldest brother especially fascinating.

Last edited by Xavier Hawthorne on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

:: Ceastus motions clamly with his hands.::

"You're in an excited mood. That is something I've noticed about folks these last few hundred years. In such a rush to do an learn. Might be a good thing sometimes but sometimes taking it slow is for the best."

::He says to Xavier and brings him out to a ledge. From here one can see the entire city of Manchester.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Slowing down and watching the city with his sire. He remembered that adaptation didn't mean random transformation and unreasoned change. You had observe the new things created by mortals and reason out how to adapt to the change, and carefully implement it so and transformation in kindred society benefited the kindred as a whole.

"It's like looking down at stars from above at this distance."

Says Xavier in a hushed tone of voice. He wonders what Caestus sees when he looks down. To truly appreciate the new, you had know what the old was. His sire was incredibly old. Even before he was turned Xavier that one had study history to know if a proposed action was truly new. After he was turned he appreciated this fact far more. Were small and medium size modern lighted cities from afar truly a new sight to Caestus? He suspected so, before the 20th century it was to expensive for small cities to light up every street with combustibles at night. Then again, you never knew; some ideas were lost and rediscovered.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:05 am

"Manchester NewHampshire. The United States of America. They say it's currently the most powerful country in the world. At it's start the mill cities of the American north east were it's most power cities. Was a city like this once the most powerful in the world?"

:: Ceastus speaks suddenly, no longer in Latin but in his perfect English.::

"Rome was once the most powerful city in the world, now it can't even keep the garbage off the roads as it's public workers strike. At one point in time they said the sun never set on the English empire, now it fights for inches in northern Ireland. In time people predict that china will over take America as the most powerful nation. Then what happens?"

::He asks and gives Xavier a shrug.::

"Will all this be a side note in history? Some will tell you it is already. I wounded just what here is so important to all these people, and the kindred of it's court. Surely something great. Rome was built by many but commanded by a few. Xavier, will you be one of the builders or one of the commanders?"

:: Ceastus asked and gave his childer a glance.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Replying in English, Xavier returns his sire's glance

"I will be a builder, thriving societies falter when there are too many looking to command, and their builders cease. I am a natural born builder and creator. Societies have been known to rebound from hard times. Just look as the US after the great depression and World War Two. More builders than commanders emerged in the US after the war."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 pm

::The elder gives his childer a nod and motions for the two to walk again.::

"I will only be in town for a sort while. Remember to announce me to your prince."

::He says and walks back to the park entrance.::

"You should be heading back now and so should I. We'll be in touch."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Park   A Stroll in the Park Empty

Back to top Go down

A Stroll in the Park
Page 1 of 1