Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's get down to business

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Blackbourne

Adam Blackbourne

Let's get down to business Empty
PostSubject: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Once the floor is opened for members of the court to speak, Adam makes it known he has a topic and waits until his turn. When he speaks, he does so in a very formal matter, despite the skipping words at the beginning of his sentences now and then, "Evening everyone, my questions goes back to the domain topic we had a few weeks ago. You're probably all aware that there are a number of us with businesses in the area; many of which were sanctioned under the Dillinger administration. Prince Ilyich, I'd like to propose that businesses recognized by the court have a small area, maybe one block or just the property itself, as the owner's domain. I'm bringing this up for two reasons. The first is obviously to have the right to protect their own investments under your rule, and the second is to officially extend services to the members of this city."
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 am

Lifting a brow, Prince Ilyich gestures for the Gangrel Priscus to continue.

"I am interested in hearing more on this, Mr. Blackbourne," he says simply. "I feel that it is indeed in the best interests of my city for my kindred to be able to protect their investments. If you are seeking, however, for a blanket issuing of territory... I feel that that would be going too far."

The Serbian leans forward a bit.

"Are you intending on petitioning my court for a territory, then? I feel you are capable of defending one, and if it is within my city, and not one of my regencies, I would be inclined to grant it in exchange for a significant boon. As with all such territories, however, I would require for you to both declare before the court where it is located, as well as develop a means by which to mark your territory."
Back to top Go down
Adam Blackbourne

Adam Blackbourne

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Adam reaches into his pocket and pulls out some business cards, fanning them across the table, "It feels rather odd to owe a boon for something I already had, Mr Ilyich. I own one business myself, a firing range. Others can atest to the fact it was already here and a welcome addition according to the former administration before you became prince."

The prisci leans forward on the desk as well, "Perhaps domain is a strong word, but it remains that I only ask for what was already mine and for others to allow your court their services; functioning more fluidly. I don't see how you can ask for a boon when I am trying to do something in service of the city."
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 pm

"Because you are asking for territory," says Vukasin simply. "I understand that you are used to a more... American world. I apologize if my way seems... different. But I choose to empower my kindred to protect themselves, Mr. Blackbourne. That is why territory is important. When two kindred control businesses, for example, that are competitive in nature, they will be drawn into conflict with each other. And they will try to destroy each other. That is our nature. The only way to protect us from the very worst part of ourselves is to maintain distance. And that is the purpose of territory."

The Serbian gives a faint sigh, and furrows his brow.

"The necessity of a boon is to acknowledge sovereignty. Surely one who sits with the Invictus on their private meetings which not even I am allowed to attend would understand the need to acknowledge sovereignty."
Back to top Go down
Adam Blackbourne

Adam Blackbourne

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 am

He snaps his finger and points at the prince, "All the more reason to have official city businesses through court. It's in everyone's best interest if we don't step on each others toes and compete for the same market. The less infighting our city has the better it will be for everyone. What I'm proposing will help maintain that distance and reduce conflict from arising in this area. Think about it. Joe whats to come in and open a pharmacy, which happens to be across the street from Steve's. Now Steve has been here for a while and got the city's approval. Joe has to find another business to run or put it on the other side of town. Distance maintained. Competition is null and void."

Adam shrugs as he packs up his business cards, "But you're interested in boons though. Here's the thing, this also gives you and the primogen an idea as to what everyone else has their hands in. You know some of what they are capable of and can call upon them when the city requires it. You'd be getting quite a strong network at your disposal. Of course details can be worked out, but as it stands a charter concerning businesses would benefit both you and the city greatly."

He takes his seat, ready to take his offer off the table. Adam had no problem helping out now and then, but the idea of owing Ilyich for something that was done when he wasn't prince for irked him.

But then Adam smiles when the prince attempts to change the subject, "What meetings I attend have nothing to do with this your highness. I asked to attend and they obliged me. If someone turned you away, I'm sorry but it has nothing to do with me or the topic at hand."
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 am

"I would note that it is not only my primogen who are my Regents, Mr. Blackbourne, but you have a very precise, and true, point," says Vukasin simply. "It would be known what businesses are owned by whom. It is a level of transparency that I would like to see, in truth. I may be inclined to grant you a territory that consists of your businesses, not, however, the one block radius of them. That is too great of a parcel, to be frank."

The Serbian seems to think on this for a long moment, seemingly favorable with letting the subject of the meetings drop with no further commentary.

"I will admit to... ignorance in affairs dealing with mortal businesses, Mr. Blackbourne. I concern myself more with our kind, not their kind. Would you be inclined to convene the Carthian Movement and the Invictus of this city, both of whom are well invested in the mortal world, and prepare this... charter that you suggest? If they can agree on a pact of mutual interest, perhaps it will serve to give the Invictus the unity that they are so sorely lacking at this time."
Back to top Go down
Adam Blackbourne

Adam Blackbourne

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 am

Adam fans out his cards again with a smile, "Sounds good to me. Thanks for your time, and feel free to stop by if you need a firearm or ammo."

He hands a card to the prince and leaves the rest on the table for others to take.

The Second Amendment
Firing Range & Country Club

President and Founder
Adam Blackbourne

(office number and business address)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's get down to business   Let's get down to business Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's get down to business
Page 1 of 1