Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will of thy Prince

Go down 
+7
Adam Blackbourne
Vukasin Ilyich
Kai
staff_Dylan
William Powers
Tony Fratelli
Michael Reins
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Michael Reins

Will of thy Prince - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

::Reins looks on trying to hold his words as this conversation was to him absurd.::

My prince I don't believe I have act inappropriately in your court or any other that I have been in. So you should have no worries that I would not now with this decision. I want to thank you for the lands within your city. You honor me with such. And yes my domain in the west end will be for Scarlet and Julian as well. The delay of gaining your permission here is quite odd. Your words in court all but called her existence a scourge upon our city. I would expect such passionate words to have more substance than this. It is after all your permission I seek. To allow such a scourge to continue certainly offends your will. A simple yes or no from the Primogen should be but a phone call away for you. I would think they would support your will. I can see no objection as Scarlet has represented herself in high standing and never has she done harm to this great city. If you could expedite your response so she no longer has to fear for her existence and may speak with her fellow kindred as an equal it would be greatly appreciated.

(OOC I thought there was a “don't be a douche rule”. Hillary wants to get her 3rd dot of disciplines that we all get at character creation. Please there is no need to jerk her around especially when all but one primogen is on the boards regularly. That one is Danko and he will vote to allow Hillary to do whatever she wants with her character.)
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm

"Do you believe that there are kindred in my city who are attempting to kill your ghoul, Keeper?" asks the Prince simply. "Or that her death will be immediate? Or even... soon?"

The Serbian shakes his head faintly.

"You are asking for an action that cannot be undone, Keeper. I act decisively, yes, when the need is there. But when the need is not, I like having time to consider my response. To make certain that I am making the proper one. I am not comfortable granting you permission to embrace another childe without first hearing the words of my Primogen on this matter."

Vukasin pauses after that.

"And, since I was apparently unclear in my previous court, Keeper, I will clarify. I said that ghouls were a potential threat to our kind, one. That I felt Ms. Mason was not a threat to our kind, two. And that those who create and maintain ghouls are morally repugnant, three. Ms. Mason is not the scourge, Keeper. Those who create her kind, such as Dresden von Meurich, are the scourge. Do not misquote me again."

And with that, Ilyich falls silent, regarding Reins impassively.

((And as an OOC note: I have been asked, by the players of more than one Primogen, to not allow this to happen. As much as I feel bad for Hillary not getting her third dot of disciplines, as well as the social ramifications of playing a ghoul and a regnant, it was a choice. Also, Jay? You can always just go ahead, and Embrace her, and claim her life was in jeopardy, or some similar grounds. I'm not stopping you from having IC actions. However, due to certain IC requests? The Prince is not giving the thumbs up until after the Primogen have had their opportunity to weigh in.))

((Additional OOC note, Jay? Please don't call me a douche. That was unnecessary.))
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am

[OOC: Just forget it. Im staying a ghoul. Geeezus.]
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 am

((OK, This is kinda spiraling out of control, everyone chill. No ones calling any one a douche, lets just let the OOG shit slide. Its just a game, and a game of vampire at that, its hardly anything to get worked up over. ))
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 am

:: Varney grabs his phone and starts typing up a text. When hes done he puts the phone back in his shirt pocket.
Back to top Go down
Lady Morgana Pendragon

Lady Morgana Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 pm

The door to Elysium creeks open and in pads a scarred pit-bull. By the looks of it, one can tell it spent most of its life on the streets. Though its emaciated look is beginning to fade. It walks up to the Prince with a note in its mouth and sets it in front of him, then turns and pads back to the door. It head butts it to no avail and scratches at the bottom, then looks to the kindred nearest and scratches again.
Back to top Go down
Michael Reins

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm

(OOC Dave I wasn't calling you a douche I was referring to the rule as it was presented by the staff at the opening gathering. So please don't misquote or misunderstand me. Although as character playing a game I am very sly with my words. You know me better than that. I'll tell you straight out if I think you are a douche. You know me I don't beat around the bush with anyone.)

::Reins has listened to all the words spoken on this matter pleased to finally hear the Prince respond, he replied with as much dignity as he can.::

My Prince you tally back and forth in your position Ghouls are a scourge, no wait, I the creator of a ghoul is a scourge, no wait it was Dresdain. But Dresdain was a scourge not for creating ghouls but for the task he put before them. You speak with such fervor on this matter for you I do this. I meant to show my loyalty and your passion subsides faster then the tide. You rebuke my gesture with your indecision, None has come forth to speak against your wishes. I will be true to who I am and I withdraw my offer. As Dillenger always said there are thinkers and there are doers, With the strength of your words you are clearly a speaker my Prince.

::Nodding gracefully he returns to his seat and his duties.::
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:19 pm

The Prince regards Reins with nothing but patience in his eyes, and he waits for him to finish speaking. Once he has, he speaks calmly but clearly.

"Keeper, my feelings about ghouls have been stated time and again. I feel they are a danger, yes. I feel those who create them are despicable, yes. Dresden was a scourge for many reasons, and we are very lucky that Prince Dillinger was able to remove him forever from this world. His proliferation of ghouls was but one of his many crimes. However, I can understand if the subtleties of my words are lost on you. My words are, after all, only in English."

There is a gesture towards Kai Kittredge.

"I have the word of one Primogen in your support."

There is a gesture towards Tony Fratelli.

"I have the word of my acting Seneschal in challenge."

There is a gesture towards where Xavier stood.

"And I have the word of a kindred who holds as much respect in the eyes of my court as you do, Keeper, strongly against. I will not repeat his charges, as I find them improper of public discourse."

And finally, there is a gesture towards the empty Primogen table.

"I have other voices that have already spoken to me on this matter, Keeper. And they do not sing your praises. Twice, I said I was inclined to grant you permission to Embrace Ms. Mason. If you wish to act the petulant child who pouts because he is told that he must wait until everyone is sitting at the table to begin their meal, however, you make us all wonder if Ms. Mason is truly better off your childe, rather than your ghoul."

The Serbian pauses, and glances towards Varney.

"Did I make my point clear, Mr. Varney?" he asks, sounding genuinely interested. "English is, after all, my second language."
Back to top Go down
Michael Reins

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm

::Stroking his beard his attentions was that of the prince's and the princes alone. After he was finished Reins stood to address him properly.::

My Prince your mastery of what you call a second language is superb. There is no mistaking your intent and fully grasp the subtleties more than you recognize. I don't propose to match words with you I am not the speaker you are. I awe in your eloquence. Thus my retort must be brief. You are correct most definitely in my lack of patience. The difference is My Prince I did not spout off in the middle of court touting my patience.

::He nodded genteelly and returned to his place knowing it oh so well.::
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:50 am

"Then do not try mine any further, Keeper," replies Vukasin simply. "After Ms. Mason impressed on me how much she and you valued her... how was it that she put it? Oh yes. Her 'gift of life'. After she had expressed to me how strongly she felt the need to serve you and your Covenant as a ghoul, in only the ways that a ghoul can... This sudden desire to be Embraced seems... out of place."

The Serbian lifts a brow.

"Were my words so very persuasive as to change your heart and hers in but one single speech? That I have convinced you that two and a half decades of action was wrong? If this is true, then I am flattered, Keeper. Were you a lesser kindred, I would think that you seek to Embrace her solely because you are in dire need of allies in your covenant and understand that so long as you have one such as her, your position will not be lifted in my sight. However, I know you are a greater kindred than one who would create a childe for such... passing and petty reasons. Again, I would caution you... What you ask for cannot be undone. And still, I am inclined to grant it. I do not, however, make decisions in haste."

There is a glance towards the Primogen table and then back to Reins.

"You consider Ms. Mason your blood already, do you not? Then would you be willing to owe a debt of the Blood for her Embrace, Keeper? Is she worth that much to you?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 pm

:: Varney cocks his head slighty,
"Your point, your excellence... uh, I'd say the points been made."
:: Varney listens as the exchange continues.
"Reins is the issue. It doesn't sound like anyone has any issues with the candidate. Why not simply instruct someone else to perform the Embrace. Someone trusted by the court and, to assuage the fears of the Carthians, not linked to the candidate by the Blood? If it is truly her wish to join our ranks, I think she has earned that place through decades of indentured servitude. The time of Miss Mason's ascendance has, in my opinion, arrived, one way or the other."
Back to top Go down
Michael Reins

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

::Reins' look becomes much more confused as the conversation continues especially the new input. Thus he again rises.::

My prince I fear I have not expressed myself properly. Please forgive my inability to do so. Not to try your patients but merely as a clarification. My offer to embrace Scarlet was the boon. I offered not simply for the power your words had. As they did though. I may disagree with them but your passion impressed me. I would believe that the only person not to be moved when you speak is one who does not hear you. My compliments on your oration are most sincere. My lacking in this skill draws an additional appreciation. I offered to embrace her as an act of our loyalty and respect for you.

::Pausing for a moment Michael seemed to struggle trying to find the right words.::

Your inaction so contradicted your previous position that we felt insulted by our offer thus we have refused it. Scarlet does value her life and I do value her so. Your delay has changed her commitment and my belief this gift is such as it was meant to be. I will deal with the insult as it is my position to do so. As to the other claim that I some how need more support from the ranks of the Invictus.

::Michael can't help but smirk a bit.::

You may wish to train your allies better. Three members of our coven scream as loud as they can and claim all voices are behind them. The majority of the coven simply laughs at the comedy of the show. I would expect one as astute as yourself see things more clearly. I fear not their trifle games. Their efforts will be in vein. It is why I don't even bother with them. As they grow and learn they will once again become effective members worthy the name Invictus but in truth we all must learn and grow to achieve such. I thank you for recognizing the value I put on Scarlet.

::Turning to Varney.::

You also honor Scarlet with your words. She will be embraced by whom she chooses and no one else. It is a vow I made to her that I will keep with my life.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 pm

:: Varney nods, seemingly impressed, clearly expecting a different response from the beleaguered Invictus,
"She is fortunate to have a choice, though it may be better if she didn't. The choice is... well, impossible to make. She would make a most excellent vampire, and to that end, I honor her."
:: Varney stands and shrugs slightly.
"For the record, I am strongly in favor of allowing Reins to break the Second Tradition in this case, should he petition for permission again."
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 pm

The Prince nods slowly, and regards Reins with the same patience that he has the entire time. There is a glance at Varney, and another nod. Vukasin turns back towards Reins.

"Had I asked you to Embrace your ghoul, Keeper, I could see the... desire for a show of loyalty by following it. It is the... spontaneity of your petition that seemed amiss. It was, however, extremely ill-timed, and there are those who would oppose it, some vehemently. And not all of the voices come from within the Carthians."

The Serbian lifts a hand, pinching the bridge of his nose faintly.

"Why you feel a need to prove your loyalty to me is beyond me, Keeper. I hesitate to give you permission in this because some of the objections that have been made are valid. But in all honesty? Embracing your ghoul because you wish to show that you are loyal to me is an even... worse reason than trying to protect yourself, or advance yourself in my court. Those reasons, while selfish, would have at least been effective. I do not need your loyalty, Keeper. I do not ask for it, either. I ask only for your service. That is all."

Vukasin glances at Varney, then turns back towards Reins.

"I will be frank, Keeper. If you had simply Embraced Ms. Mason as an act of loyalty to me, and presented her as your childer in court? I would have forgiven you. The need for her Embrace would have been easily explained. I have no love of ghouls nor their regnants, and you wished to reward her for her service while protecting her from my displeasure. Asking my permission, however, and then growing petulant because, as a being with centuries ahead of him, to another being with centuries ahead of him, speaking of a third being with centuries ahead of her, I said 'Wait'... You serve only to make yourself look eager to please me in anyway you can. And I don't need that, Keeper. What I need, all I need, is service. Is that clear?"
Back to top Go down
Michael Reins

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 pm

::With stoic expression and nothing else he recognizes the Princes words.::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will of thy Prince   Will of thy Prince - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will of thy Prince
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: Elysium-
Jump to: