Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Making Necessary Adjustments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

Making Necessary Adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 am

It's a cold November night in Goffstown, and the wind is blowing a freezing breeze. Winter is close, and the dead leaves of autumn chase each other in shadow. It seems peaceful enough, except for one spot in a park, during an hour that nearly every sane person has chosen to go home. There is a noise, repeated time and again, of a spade carving a hole in the earth.

Dressed in clothes suited for working, the unnerving presence of Vukasin Ilyich can be found, thigh deep in an increasingly large hole in the ground. There is a pile of dirt nearby and a shovel in his hand. A pickaxe rests next to the wide hole he is digging, holding down a heavily annotated map and compass. A wheelbarrow rests nearby as well, straining under the weight of an extremely large chunk of granite. Just a natural boulder, it has rested in the park for close to a century, undisturbed. The spot it has vacated sits empty and barren.

Just what the Nosferatu Priscus is doing in a park, at night, moving a boulder is anybody's guess. But it is distinctly what he is doing. And as he pauses to climb out of the hole, it is obvious he is being extremely precise about it. He double checks the map a bit, confirming it with the local surroundings, and then walks over to the wheelbarrow. He pulls a tape measure from the pocket of his heavy, green military coat, and begins double checking measurements on the boulder.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:50 pm

,i feel like an insomniac
Bored and starving, Scarlet found herself in Goffstown at a beautiful restaurant in named Damians On the River. It was just south of Goffstown center, and it had gotten good reviews so she decided to check it out. She had sat alone while she dined, having a few glasses of wine, before she paid the check and departed from the restaurant. Wrapping her scarf around her neck, she stuffed her hands within her pockets and she decided to walk off the dinner she just ate. She moved down the sidewalks, but then noticed the park and decided to take a stroll through there. Little did Scarlet know who was actually there.

Slowly she walked with her hands tucked warmly in her pockets and she watches her breath catch on the brisk air. As she continued through the park something odd caught her eye and she squinted and narrowed her eyes towards the spectacle. Quietly she approached, but stopped when she noticed it was Mr. Ilyich... and what was he doing? Moving a rock, digging a grave? ...That was very odd. Pursing her lips together, she decided to make her presence known and see if the Priscus needed help.

"Mr. Ilyich. Do you... um, need anything help?" She asked and would have included 'help with whatever he was doing,' but honestly she didn't have a damn clue.

,tag ilyich
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 am

"Hm?" offers the Nosferatu turning a bit towards Scarlet suddenly. For a moment, he studies her, and then glances back towards the boulder. He straightens his jacket calmly, before his arms are tucked behind him.

"Pleasant evening to you, Ms. Mason," he offers, the accent clinging to his words. He glances at her once more, and then back to the rock. "In truth... yes. I could use your eyes."

Something about the way he puts the emphasis on 'eyes' almost makes it sound like a threat. Or, maybe he just needs a spotter. But, then again, maybe he really does mean her /eyes/.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Scarlet rose a brow and just stared at him. Clearing her throat, she replied, "If you mean literally, I'm certain Mr. Reins would have an issue with dismembering his ghoul, but if you mean you need me to look at something... I can do that for you." She replied, partially adding humor into the dismembering comment, but she was certain he would take her seriously on it. "What exactly are you doing?"

,tag ilyich
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:44 am

"If all you can think of when a creature asks to take your eyes is how it might inconvenience Mr. Reins, you have my pity," says Vukasin evenly. There is no blunting his tone, and it seems almost unduly harsh. Still, there is a frank honesty there, as he regards Scarlet. He does seem to take it as seriously as she assumed. "It may even be a kindness to do so, if a cruel one."

He places the measuring tape back into a pocket, along with the notebook. He taps the boulder once.

"I am moving this stone from over there," he explains, pointing to where the stone had been. "To over here." Pointing towards the stone. "If you would like a more detailed explanation as to why... I will spare you the boring metaphysics. Suffice it that it is advantageous to my research to do this. The more precise I can be in moving it, the more advantageous it is to do so. Does this answer your question satisfactorily?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:40 pm

A brow lifted as he commented on her joke, and she shook her head, replying, "No, Mr. Ilyich. That was a joke... Nevermind." She glanced to the boulder and the hole, and even though he explained it to her, she still had no idea what the hell he was talking about. She just nodded to his explanation though, not even going to go into detail. "I see. Well I wont waste your time any longer, if you don't need me. Please continue with what you were doing. I was just going for a walk before I head back to Manchester." She said to him.

,tag ilyich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Necessary Adjustments   Making Necessary Adjustments Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Necessary Adjustments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: Suburbs of Manchester :: Goffstown-
Jump to: