Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shop 'til you drop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Staff Elise

Staff Elise

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Courtney sits in the food court of the Mall of NH, furiously texting away on her cell phone. She looks up every now and then to scan the room, apparently waiting for someone. In front of her is a tall soft drink, which she occasionally appears to sip from. One heel idly taps on the floor as she waits.
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 am

Smiling as he arrives at 6, Xavier says while waiving at her
"Hey Courtney! How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Staff Elise

Staff Elise

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:32 am

Though the beast in her stirs, alerting her of the presence of another kindred, Courtney experty ignores it and smiles cheerfully when she spots Xavier.

"Hi darling! I've been like, super busy at the kennel with all the people going away on vacation and stuff. Someone's gotta look after their babies after all!" she says brightly. "But things are starting to quiet down now that the holiday is over, but that's business for you. Oh who am I kidding, you probably already know all about that sort of thing."

Courtney stands, gathering her purse and cup.

"Ayways, enough about me. How've you been? What's it we're looking for today? I think I remember you saying something about business chic. Are we talking like, casual 'Let's talk about numbers over lunch' or a sharp 'I have a lot of money' look here?"
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 am

"The sharp 'I have a lot of money' look. I have been having lot's of meetings with gathers of extremely wealthy people lately."
He replies.
"As for how I have been doing, the answer is quite well. Got alot of new customers, and branching into new areas. Though I been run ragged doing it, but hey I am doing what enjoy... Building technical things."
he adds as he follows her lead.
Back to top Go down
Staff Elise

Staff Elise

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am

Courtney walks and tosses her soft drink into a nearby trash bin, which makes a loud thump as it hits the bottom. She nods and says a "mmhm" and "Oh that's good," as he replies, though it's not entirely clear whether or not she's actually listening. Turning to him, she crosses her arms and gives him a critical once over.

"Hmmm, well we'll see what we can find here. Guaranteed you won't find any of those extremely wealthy people buying stuff at the mall, but we'll get you something good. You want a real tailored suit you'd have to like, export from Boston or New York or something. Or raid one of our beloved buddy's closets."

She leads him through the mall, chatting away about the various places to shop in Boston, to Men's Warehouse where she walks confidently into. She cheerfully declines the clerk's offer of assistance, and heads over to a rack with assorted suit separates.

"See now, with suits, the trick is getting it to fit just right. Nothing looks cheaper than a suit that doesn't fit right. You can make a $20 get up look like a $200 get up if you know how to dress yourself," she says, in a surprising moment of clarity. "With the right outfit, you could even fool the bullies in court," she said with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm

"OOH! Now that gives me a good idea!"
Xavier exclaims as it hits him while returning the wink
"The 'I have money, but chose not waste it and will dress real good' look would even be better with the people I am doing business with, and you my dear have suggested something that sounds just like that. Let's see you work your magic."
He eyes her and the rack with interest and wonders what she will pull off first.
Back to top Go down
Staff Elise

Staff Elise

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 am

"That's the spirit!" Courtney exclaimed as her fingers deftly rifled through the racks. She seemed to fly over the numerous colors and textures, plucking out something once in a while and casually tossing it to Xavier to hold. When she was done, he was covered in a small pile of different suits. Notably, none of them are black.

"Ok. I need you to try these on. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the gray on you, but you don't know til you try! Now don't get discouraged either. I know the number of a great tailor, so if some of these don't fit just right we'll fix it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shop 'til you drop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop 'til you drop   Shop 'til you drop Empty

Back to top Go down

Shop 'til you drop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: Downtown-
Jump to: