Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanks for nothing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Thanks for nothing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:35 pm

She leaned back, rolling her eyes a bit. "Yeah. Thanks for the bodyguard offer." She crossed her arms, her eyes dark. She followed William's gaze to the girl dancing next to him. What did they see her as? A lost helpless female? She wondered, annoyed. One of the men sitting next to her started to reach for a beer that was in a bucket filled with ice at the center of the table but she reached forward in a blurred movement and uncapped it, setting it down next to him. Thankfully though they were all to drunk to notice.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm

::William barely caught the motion out of the corner of his eye and snapped upright for a second. He carefully studied the faces of the men in around her and noticed not one them seemed to have caught it. His alarmed passed and he heaved a quick sigh of relief. Somehow seeing her flaunting her speed did a little more to break the ice. He leaned across the table slightly to be heard without shouting.::

"You probably have been asked this enough times to want to shred paint off the walls but what called you this far north?"
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:17 pm

She shrugged. "Bordeum. Desire for change. Plus I do enjoy traveling now and then." She paused. "Don't you ever get bored of this place? You must have lived here long enough to dream of change every now and again. And...where I come from, there aren't many of us around. At least not that I've seen." She frowned slightly.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:19 pm

::William half smiled. He nodded at her mention of wanderlust and sat back. He gave his dinner date a quick glance and saw she was entertaining herself by dancing with another lonely lady. She caught his eye and winked. A good sign they were still on for a meeting later.::

"For me, this is the change. I came here from Lowell, city a little further south of here, and so far I think Lowell was damn near somulent compared to this place. Hell, just walking down the street is an adventure some nights."
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 pm

"No doubt." She mumbled, tossing back her hair. She let silence fall across the table, unsure of what else to say. She glanced at the clock and saw there was still pleanty of night time left. Of the three men, there was only one who wasn't as drunk as the other two, and he saw his chance at Ashton. He faked a yawn and then wrapped his arm around her shoulders, putting his feet up on the table, crossing them at the ankles and looking completly at ease and totally unaware that he was her meal choice for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

::C-J grimaced some at Ashton's display of speed, but it was dark, loud and these guys were very drunk. He shrugged it off and looked her over some. He didn't feel like bring up the fact that tomorrow was thanksgiving but then he figured, maybe she didn't care. C-J took note of where William was from and rubbed his chin some.::

"You never mentioned to me where you were from Ashton. Some place boring I gather. It has too be the middle of no where if New Hampshire caught your attention."

::He said and reclined in his chair some.::
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 pm

"You never asked where I was from." She said simply, then sighed, getting comfy against the man that had wrapped his arm around her, just to let him feel lucky for a while. "But no. It's not exactly out in the middle of nowhere, but it's not a well known city like Chicago or somewhere like that either. It was just a small town and living in the country next to a highway." She grew silent and was becoming a bit bored talking about where she lived, but those two were interested and she didn't want to seem completly rude, not that she would give them a specific location or state.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm

::C-J seemingly becomes side tracked.::

"Funny you should mention Chicago, That's where I up until recently. Had ourselves one heck of a time there. That's what I call a revolution man."

::C-J said and smirked.::

"Could have used some guys like you there Will."
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Ashton half ignored him. "Well, I think I'm going to hit the dance floor." She glanced at the girl still showing off her stuff to William, and then back at the other kindred. "I would hate to keep you from...your drink. It was nice meeting you." She finished, and stood, pulling up the young man next to her. She glanced at C-J and shrugged. "Feel free to join us if you want." She offered, and disappeared onto the dance floor.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 pm

::William watched Ashton leave and nodded in her passing. As she left he shot glance to the drunken men in the booth and shrugged his shoulders. She must have plans for them if she could get some them to sober up. William leaned across the table to C-J.::

"Hope I didn't rain on your parade. Not used to new people in clubs like this. More used to getting tossed on my ass for starting a fight."

::William eyed the girl still dancing nearby and shot a glance to C-J.::

"Thanks for the introduction, man. Guess it can only get better from here on out. Now if you excuse me, I think I'm about to get my first lesson in hematology." He said with a fiendish smile and he got up.

::Before he left he got close enough that he could hear C-J and reply without being overheard.::

"So I didn't just drive my foot through my teeth into my throat. Don't know about you but she could pass for a Ventru with ease."

::William stepped to the woman and snaked his arm around her shoulders. He pulled her close enough to whisper something in her ear. She smiled mischiviouly and together they headed through the crowd towards the stairs.::

Last edited by William Powers on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 pm

::C-J watched her go and once she was out of ear shot due to the loud music he nudged William with his elbow and motioned to her.::

"She's an interesting one that one. I don't know if she's playing hard to get or just has an attitude. Be care with that one Will."

::He said and picked up one the beers that was yet to be opened and drank some of it.::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks for nothing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: Downtown-
Jump to: